Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New untitled song (possible grad ceremony song)


I'm out my slump. It would appear anyway. :)

I finally wrote a song. I started and finished it last night and I am very relieved. It's been about over a month since I finished a song (all I have in my songbook are like... 10 verses- all of which weren't going anywhere). I was trying to force creativity. I would attempt to write a song on a certain topic, because at the time I didn't know what I was inspired by, and it didn't lead anywhere. I was faking creativity. This time however, it was real.

It didn't take long after I stumbled upon a topic I was legitimately interested in to form a song about it. This topic wasn't decided before hand, it just ended up coming out of my mouth attached to the piano riff I was playing. Which is how all of my good songs are formed.

I feel like I got my mojo back. =] I feel right again.

I don't have a title for this new song, but I do like/appreciate the lyrics as they are pressing to myself and others my age right now. It's about the future, which is something we're all if not worrying, thinking heavily about. It's uplifting, which is nice. Before this latest bout of writer's block I was finding myself only writing negatively. For instance, one chorus I came up with was called "Wasting Away," another "Lost and Found." Not bad songs (or starts of songs) when I think back on them, but this one, for me at least, is much more refreshing. And needed at this point in my life.

Not only for myself, but for others graduating from high school and experiencing doubt in themselves and concerns about their future.

Before I begin, a message for all of you (if you don't find one in this song)- Don't rush. You have the rest of your life ahead of you. What's a year compared to that? Or two years?


...

UNTITLED FOR NOW

If there was only one way
then the world be a smaller place
I can decide my own fate
cause nothing is meant to be, nothing's safe

Don't feel sorry for me
for not making up my mind

I'll be just fine
I'll decide when the time is right
I'll live my life
I won't regret not choosing what's right in your mind

And if the path is already paved
What's the point in passion? What's the point in pain?
What if I don't want to fit in?
Isn't there beauty in not giving in?

I thought we could be whoever we wanted to be
Easy to say, not easy to see

I'll be just fine
I'll decide when the time is right
I'll live my life
I won't regret not choosing what's right in your mind

The most logical thing to me
is not pushing it out of reach

I'll be just fine
I'll decide when the time is right
I'll live my life
I won't regret not choosing what's right in your mind

...


Ha. I just thought that this could be my grad song audition. You know, where someone plays at the grad ceremony? I could play this.

._. I'm scared. But that's what life's all about!


TTYS, MUCH LOVE,

K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll Be Just Fine