Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'll Go On


I've been pretty productive today I'd say.
Cleaned my room, even in this heat, watched most of the Sarah Mclachlan's live concert DVD (which was amazing), and am ready to add another song to my set list. :)

The one that I promised I would probably add yesterday or today. Today's the day.
Remember? It was called "I'll Go On" and I actually enjoy playing it now. It's a very mellow song but I feel like I've brought back it's spunk. =P

I, indeed, have restored it. ;)

Before I unveil the lyrics let's discuss what it's about..
Well, let's see.. I suppose I don't even need to give you a translation since I think, the lyrics are so blatantly obvious. But, I'll just say that even though it may seem otherwise, this song isn't about anyone. I swear to god, it's not. I started writing it while I was sick (weird I know) and I don't know, the lyrics just started spewing out. It's more about the idea, not a story. 
Which, come to think of it, most of my songs are like as well.

So, here are the lyrics. This song is one that has a more "mature" guitar to it. I was very creative with the music. 



I'll Go On


If your out there I want to see your face.

Getting restless, something I just can't fake.

And if you are real, I don't think that I can wait.

Countless hours of me lying awake.


And do you think we could do, whatever we wanted to do?

Cause' if you think it too, I'll wait here for you.


I'll go on thinking about you till' my head is numb.

And I'll go on singing about you. I'll never feel dumb.

You give me something to sing about.

Yeah, Give me something to sing about.


I'll write your name down on a rainy day.

Fold up the paper & toss it away.

Stare at the ceiling, suddenly I think of you.

Pick up my guitar and grab my notebook too.


I could dream all day and I know what people say.

I'm being unproductive. But hey, this song came out of it.


So I'll go on thinking about you till' my head is numb.

And I'll go on singing about you. I'll never feel dumb.

You give me something to sing about.

Yeah, Give me something to sing about.


Even I find it funny.

But I go along with it everyday.

And you don't see me complaining.


I'll go on thinking about you till' my head is numb.

And I'll go on singing about you. I'll never feel dumb.

You give me something to sing about.

Yeah, Give me something to sing about..


I'll go on thinking about you till' my head is numb.

And I'll go on singing about you. I'll never feel dumb.

You give me something to sing about.

Yeah, Give me something to sing about.



1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I love this song!

I love these parts:

"You give me something to sing about."

and

"I'll write your name down on a rainy day.

Fold up the paper & toss it away."

I can relate to this song though you didn't write it about anybody, this is how it is with my boyfriend RJ and I! When you re-record it, or even just the old recording or something, i'd love a copy!