Thursday, August 27, 2009

Knowing, or rather in reality, Not Knowing.

Me and my mum just watched the movie "The Knowing,"
you know, the one with Nicholas Cage in it.

It was a good movie, suspenseful, creepy (in a good way), action packed, but the ending was dissatisfying and weird to be quite frank with you.


Anyway, it got me thinking, I mean, I've thought about this before, it's always discomforted me. To be living in this day and age, in the 2000's is kind of creepy. Back in, let's say 1960's and on, that seems like a good time period to live in. But now, it's so.. unknown. What with all the global warming talk, and pollution, and that big earthquake that's supposed to happen soon. That could sound over dramatic..

Let's put it this way. We live in the future. In every single movie I see about the future, it never really ends good. It's always, present day, the future and then .. the end. It seems like this is our final stage as man kind.

Does that make any sense at all?

In this movie, the world ended by the sun emitting an enormous solar flare and burning the earth and every living thing on it. After the movie, when we were telling my dad about, he said "You know what's funny? In reality, the sun could actually give off a solar flare that WOULD destroy the earth."

O_o ha ha, that's so funny.

O_O

x_x

Not very comforting. And I thought that was just a scary movie..

What I'm trying to say is that, it's creepy to me to be living in, a little while from now, 2020.
It's so futuristic! Things back then seemed so simple, and you knew what was going to happen the next day, or the next year.. It seemed so reliable, and care free. Unlike now..

I mean, what if that big earthquake did happen as predicted? I know it will, but what if it did happen in the next 50 years? ._.

It's scary to think of.

I guess that's why people don't.

But I can't help myself.

Just a while ago, after a few death experiences I started actually thinking about my own life span. When I was young it never even occurred to me that one day I would die. I didn't think that far ahead. Now, I think about it a lot. I think about, "oh, that'll happen when I'm 26. And then soon I'll be 40, than 50.." It's hard to imagine yourself growing old, and then not growing at all. It seems so surreal. Unbelievable. Unfathomable.

horrible.

But now, I'm more grateful as well. I try not to take things for granted. Or anyone.
I also think to myself, "this is the only time I have to be 15, so I better live it well, as a 15 year old." Like really, savour it. Savour every second of living.

That might be touching a little deep there, but hey, sometimes I do that.
I might as well write it in my blog.

Hope this entry didn't freak you out. But, I do hope it makes you more aware.
And tell the people that you love, that you love them, often.

Signing off,
K.



1 comment:

Curtis said...

Totally agree about the Knowing movie. I watched it through, and it was good...until the end.

I was like "C'mon, this doesn't have to be an alien movie does it??"