Sunday, July 17, 2011

Singing in the Rain


'Twas what I did last night, and what I'll probably be doing for the rest of this week.

:(

I honestly don't mind the rain. In fact, I kind of like it. It's refreshing and relaxing... and peaceful. BUT, it is not useful on days when I'm supposed to busk.

Do you know how dead it is downtown when it's raining? VERY DEAD. People are fleeing the streets, not flocking to them as usual!

>.<

I am scheduled to busk downtown all this week (including tonight) as apart of the Victoria International Busker's Festival and it's supposed to be cold and raining all this week as well. These two things DO NOT mix. Hopefully, the weather will have a change of heart. I know many are disappointed in its actions as of late. Doesn't feel very summery.

Even though it was raining (very hard, I may add) the Langford Days Festival went well! I had fun, for sure. I met these two little girls, Amber and Katrina, who were very enthusiastic about my music. It was adorable. I "premiered" my new song, sold some of my EPs. Everyone was very welcoming and supportive.

It was quite lovely- despite the circumstances.

Now, I'll be busking downtown (come on, weather!!) and working on some new music. :) YAY.

I also should be prepping for my first performance coming up with accompaniment. More news on that later!

Gotta go and get my day started.

TTYL as always,

K

No comments: