Sunday, May 29, 2011

Follow Me

"Follow Me" is the first song where I've written different lyrics for each chorus. Also, I've found writing songs on the piano is helping my piano playing. And from piano class, I know that this song is in the key of F. :]


(click to view)



Wear your heart on your sleeve

or you'll never know

what could be


Say what you wanna see

It's just a locked door

waiting for someone who has the key


Oh whoa

Don't be afraid

You can go your own way

Oh whoa

Finding the light

isn't as hard as it might


seem to be

Just follow me


See what is all around you

There's nothing wrong

with going slow


Don't take who you have for granted

It's easy to do

With one foot forward,

have the other one follow through


Whoa

Step up to the plate

You can decide your own fate

Oh whoa

Getting it right

feels as good as it should


Like you and me

So take the lead


I don't want to miss out

I won't be the one to regret it

You see, when tomorrow comes

I won't be the one to forget it

Do you think we could finally get it?


Oh whoa

Oh whoa

Oh whoa I've waited so long

Choosing for you would be wrong


Oh

Do what you feel

If it doesn't seal the deal

I'll be okay

The truth I can trust

I still need someone to follow me


Follow me, follow me


Everyday

Follow me

Be with me

Follow me

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice :)

Todd said...

You are good. Your creativity never fails to impress. It's fun. It's poetic. It's imaginative. It is proof once again that you deserve a long career as a singer/musician/performer.