Monday, February 7, 2011

Completely letting go


How do I prepare for an upcoming gig? Well, I don't exactly have a sure-fire routine worked out, but this time around for the O'Siem BC Spirit Festival, I thought I'd get pumped by singing and dancing to my favorite songs- not my songs (i.e. songs I have written) but my favorite songs by other artists.

You see, I can get very tired of playing my songs over and over and over again. Take Play It Again, I've been playing it again for four years now.

._. yikes. I feel old.

Needless to say, I wasn't exactly rearing to play these old songs, yet again. I didn't know if I would find a way to get past that. I thought I would just end up dealing with it and in turn, get over it. BUT- of course, there is a but :P- tonight was

awesome :]

There's nothing quite like just completely letting go. The difference was, I wasn't worrying or concerning myself with how I sounded or my "stage etiquette," but rather just really enjoying the music. And that's what I really need to get back to. With everything really. I need to just enjoy what it is for what it is.

Too primitive?

Oh well. I'm just venting yet another realization or 'revelation.' Long story short: I'm excited for the Festival coming up. Mark your calendars, folks! :P Because I'm sure you're just as excited about it as I am! *sarcasm, if you didn't get that*

It should be fun though. :) If you do have the chance, do come by. Even if it's not when I'm playing. It's sure to be a great event.

Well, I'm off.

NOTE TO SELF: Need to purchase a new microphone stand (mine's broken, apparently) and possibly a new microphone... Maybe there's some sort of deal with the two coming together. :P

...maybe.

TTYL

K

No comments: