Saturday, May 1, 2010

Playing at Lilith= my dreams coming true

._. Okay, I am hyperventilating right now.

And I tell you why,

As of last night, I've entered into the Lilith Fair Local Talent Search, hosted by OurStage. Lilith Fair is Sarah McLachlan's celebration of women in music tour. It travels all around the world with many well-known and extremely talented female artists and bands.



-This year, there is a 45 minute opening set available in the tour that will be taken by an "upcoming artist," chosen from the Top 20 of the OurStage Standings.

I am currently number 15.

zhfguldnregjrlkeinovclqwwwae,nfbjdhgafdulskahnjcekhatueiqv ! ! ! ! ! ! !

=o =o =o

Of course this doesn't mean I'm going to win, but it gives me the OPPORTUNITY to POSSIBLY do so, and this makes me want to get up and dance.

And if you know me, I am not a dancer.

It's also terrifying though. Last night I was number 158, this morning I went up to number 18. Then to 20, then 25, 35, 34 and now I'm back up to 15.

IT'S SO UNRELIABLE! I'm having panic attacks every time I look at it.

It is not healthy.

But it's SO WORTH IT ! ! !

Since this is so extremely, ridiculously and uncontrollably important to me I'm going to do all that I can to stay in the Top 20. But, I can't do it alone ._.

That's where you come in.

I really need your help. If you do, in fact, want to help me, then this is what your job is:

Click HERE, it will take you to judging. You get four songs to listen to. You have to listen to at least 15 seconds of each song. Then you decide which one is the best, the worst and in between.

Do this honestly, and at your own discretion. But here's the catch,

When/if you get my entry as an option (You'll Never Know) then please please please vote me as number one. :) This will help me a lot.

It's actually pretty fun. Think about it, this is all of the talent in just Vancouver alone! It blows me away!

Other ways you can help me is by choosing me as your favorite artist. Click here, to select a city. (Scroll to the bottom, and choose Vancouver). [You can also judge this way] The click on the Artists tab, find me (it's in alphabetical order, I'm on page 8) and then click "Make Karly Summers my favorite band," next to the heart.

The last thing you can do is comment on my OurStage page here. Scroll to the bottom and click "add comment."

Of course, out of those three, judging is the most important.

._. I'm back down to 18 now.

*PANIC ATTACK*

Oh- also, the contest closes on May 30th, so there's a month open for voting.

Please, please, PLEASE do though! It means the world to me!

I'll talk to you soon <3

K

No comments: