Sunday, May 23, 2010

A big THANK YOU- Last Lilith Post


Hey you guys!

Last Thursday I did an interview with Gordie Tupper for CHEK News about competing in the Lilith Fair Local Talent Search. It's up on YouTube now, I just wanted to post it on here as well...



To watch it on YouTube and comment, rate etc... click HERE.

The judging for the Top 20 is over tomorrow (May 24th, 2010), so I'd just like to take this time to say- whatever happens, it's been an awesome experience. =) To know I can count on so many people for support means a lot to me. So many of you have really pulled through, and I thank you for that. :)

Over the past 23 days, I've felt the love! ^^

Even if I don't get the spot, I'll always remember how surreal and exciting the experience was. There are so many talented artists in just Vancouver alone, I am completely dumbfounded and honored to be ranked so high amongst them all.

It's incredible.

I'd also like to thank the people in charge of this competition, for giving undiscovered musicians the opportunity to play such a prestigious gig. For a lot of them- a dream gig, the gig of a lifetime.

Well, tomorrow's the day. Actually, really, Tuesday is the day (the 25th). That's when one lucky girl gets that phone call or e-mail of congratulations. I'll try not to get my hopes up (I'm trying right now), because I know, as I said before, how many other talented musicians they have to choose from. Ha, twenty to be exact. =P

I'll still be going to Lilith though, cheering on Sarah, Sheryl and whichever "Vancouverite" plays the Village Stage. I'm excited for that actually. My mum's already purchased our tickets. :] I've only seen Sarah- and Sheryl for that matter- once each before, so I can't wait. =) There's also countless other artists to look forward to.

Perhaps I'll discover some new inspirations. :)

Well, I think that about covers it.

I'll be blogging soon, and until (or around) May 25th, keeping my fingers crossed.

Wish me luck!

K <3

No comments: