Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Subtle Progress


Hey guys,

It's been a long time since I posted last. I know I should get out of the habit of starting every blog entry with that, but it's only the truth.

You may have noticed the slight layout change my blog has undergone since then. I can't decide if I want to convert to a new templet, so for now, I can't change anything but pictures and text (this means I can't change things like my blog's background colour, text colour, some basic layout changes, etc..).

ANYWAY, moving on.

Since this past November 17th, I've been keeping a journal and writing in it every single day. My plan was (and still is) to write in said Journal for a year of my life. After only a month of this I've realized I'm going to need multiple journals. Pretty much a new one for every couple of months. I haven't slipped up yet. Think I can do it?

I've already beaten my record. Usually I stop after two weeks. I've been going strong for OVER A MONTH, YEAH.

:)

However, I do miss blogging. I still want to keep that it. I won't be posting as often as I used to (when I didn't have a life in grade 10), but it'll be more of a healthy... balance. :] lol

It's winter break. YES. YES. YES.

HALLELUJAH.

^ I say that quite often in my blog.

It's officially day two of the time off. It's going very well so far. Having said that, I haven't made any progress on my album like I wanted (ideally) to, but yesterday I began, believe it or not, learning how to read music.

Shocker, I know.

For pretty much all of my musical.. life... I've been against, well not against, I just didn't feel it was necessary to read music in order to be a good musician. And actually, I still believe this. There are plenty of people who learn by ear- these tend to be the writers v.s. the players. But I've come to a point, specifically in my piano learnings, where I wasn't learning anything. I was not progressing. I've been playing piano for three years, and I'm still completely amateur. I want to better this craft. I would LOVE to play classical pieces like "Clair de Lune." After picking up the Adult Piano Learning book I threw into a random pile of books and magazines I've kept in my room for (apparently) three years, beginning at square one seemed to encourage this newfound notion.

I actually don't hate it. I feel quite juvenile, playing one note at a time, but I feel excited again. Happy. I like progressing, learning. It brings me joy. =)

So, along with this "goal" or just weird thing I've created for myself to write in a book every day for year, I now have another. And that is learn the piano- properly this time.

I've even thought about taking lessons again. But again, the proper way this time.

Let's see how far I get with the first book... it says 'Book 1'... I wonder how many there are.

lol. I'm guessing A LOT.

Well, here's to learning something new, documenting my thoughts, and just doing things in general. Because if life isn't about experiences, then what is it about?

Singing off,

K

No comments: