Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Little Things ☮


I'm happy to inform you that things seem to be looking up. :)

And it might just be because I've changed my mind set, but that's okay with me. After all, we are in charge of our own happiness, or at least that's what I like to believe. So now, I've finally taken that saying to heart and changed my way of thinking about things.

It could also have something to do with the good talk I had with my mum at the beginning of the long weekend. I guess sometimes venting on here just isn't enough.

But ANYWAY, this weekend was quite fun. :] I crossed #11 off my Bucket List (that's setting up the basketball hoop in the driveway and playing B-ball with the "neighborhoodlums"), went to Little Carley's 16th Birthday party and completed two school assignments.

Needless to say, it was indeed productive.

I had a lot of fun as well! =) It was beautiful all three days, and I really soaked it up. Acted like a solar panel to be quite frank. :P It reminded me how excited I truly am for Summer. I have officially decided- Summer is my favorite season hands down. Forget about Winter, Summer is where it's at! The sun, the fun, the friends, the festivals, the NO SCHOOL, the sleeping in... I could go on but it's probably your favorite too, you know the reasons. ;) haha.

One of the school assignments I had to complete was a Self Essay for English. It was due on Thursday, but here I was on Sunday sitting at my computer, waiting for a stroke of genius to be blessed upon me. When I was at school, I couldn't write anything to save my life. It was the weirdest thing actually. I pride myself on being a writer- or at least being able to write and enjoying writing- but this time I just froze. It could have been the environment and not being able to focus, or maybe it was the fact that... I HATE WRITING ESSAYS. Why? I. don't. know. I hate having to structure my writing. I like to let what I have to say just flow out in whatever form it happens to shape itself in, but of course with essays you cannot allow this. You must "prepare" and "organize" your thoughts before you begin AND shove a thesis and topic sentence in the first paragraph... blah, blah, blah, blah, BLAHH.

>.<

lol. So let's just say I was stuck. It wasn't working and for the majority of the long weekend I left it. It wasn't until today when I worked up enough courage to even entertain the idea of starting again. GROWL, were my thoughts exactly.

But, my mum gave me some advice, and I guess that's what she's good at because about two hours later I submerged from my bedroom and printed up my finished essay.

=D HOORAY

A huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders and it feels delightful.

So here, I give you the weight that I will be handing in tomorrow- late mind you, but I'm proud of it nonetheless.



=) What do you think?
I'm really happy with it, and I actually got to know myself better by writing it.

Well, I think that's all for now. I still have more homework to do.

x[ I know. It's depressing.

But I got the bulk of the work done, so don't feel too bad for me. ;P

Till next type!

K

No comments: